Get to know us a little more
Nature Power Foundation is a non-profit organization, founded in 2017 as a social innovation that seeks to improve living conditions and contribute to the sustainable development of vulnerable communities in the Dominican Republic and the Caribbean, facilitating access to basic services such as energy and drinking water through alternative sources that protect the environment.
Its founder, Ing. Laura Rojas, along with the sum of the efforts and experiences of high-level professionals, will work to contribute to the achievement of the commitments assumed by the Countries in the 2030 agenda.
Improve living conditions and contribute to the sustainable development of vulnerable communities in the Dominican Republic and the Caribbean, facilitating access to basic energy and drinking water services through alternative sources that protect the environment.
Be a leading organization in the creation and implementation of sustainable development solutions for vulnerable communities.
Contribute to the sustainable development of communities in extreme poverty and remote areas that do not have access to the traditional electrical system, through the use of alternative energy and solar panels.
Facilitate access to water resources in communities in extreme poverty and vulnerable to climatic shocks, through alternative sources that protect the environment.
Entrepreneurship and Education
Promote the human, economic and social development of communities through education and empowerment, motivating social entrepreneurship.
The Nature Power Foundation has social innovation and sustainability as its strategic pillars.
We present our 2017-2020 strategic plan aimed at impacting and generating positive change in the context where we work with the values that gave rise to us: Commitment, Solidarity, Responsibility, Transparency, Teamwork and Quality
Our Board of Directors
Our team is made up of high-level professionals in different branches, which makes us an organization with great capacity for execution and planning when developing different programs..
Jose Luis Montero
ADVISOR AND MEMBER OF THE BOARD
November 2017NPF is legally constituted
1st Quarter 2018
- Agreement with FUNDASEP
- Access to Energy and Technology for the first time - Centro Educativo San José de Joca
2nd Quarter 2018
- Agreement with Advertising Agency Contacto
- Participation in Grupo Ramos Conference for young people
- Participation in almuerzo de Negocio's Golf Tournament
- Agreement with Plan RD
3rd Quarter 2018
- First Picazo Community Aqueduct Zunilda Jiménez Los Cambrones
- First agreement signed by the German Embassy
- #MiCumpleañosesparati Campaign
4th Quarter 2018
- Agreement with ASOFER
- Participation in Plan RD's #LetsTalkAboutInnovation
- Participation in Sustainable Energy Forum
- Young Entrepreneurs from Los Blancos, Barahona, make their dairy business sustainable with a solar freezer solution
- 66 families celebrate their first Christmas with light
- We open the new NPF offices in Plaza Roaldi
1st Quarter 2019
- Inicia subsidio del Ministerio de Medio Ambiente y Recursos Naturales de RD
- We initiated a project with the support of the Small Subsidies Program
- Visit of international donors to the community aqueduct Zunilda Jiménez in Los Cambrones, SJM
2nd Quarter 2019
- We initiated a project with Fondos Concursables Asociación Cibao de Ahorros y Préstamos
- Press Conference event fundraising and recognition of institutions Stars in the Dark
- Start of the Nature Village project in Sabana Yegua Viejo, Azua
- Fundraising and recognition event for Star in the Dark institutions
- Launch of the first institutional campaign of NPF Stars in the Dark